Welcome to the REACTION launch party, hosted by
Grab a virtual dessert and come on in!
The party is going on
all day long!
Scroll down for
fun & games,
playlists & virtual music,
contests & giveaways,
and much more!!
1. What is Rusted Pearl?
An amazing vintage jewelry company
owned by two awesome twin sisters!
I am so excited to be partnered with Rusted Pearl, the inspiration and company behind the vintage jewelry featured in Reaction.
I am even more thrilled to let you know they have made two original replicas of Heather's necklace featured on the cover of Reaction.
One is being given away in the drawing with Reaction's book tour, hosted by YA BOUND, and the other will be given away right here, tonight on my blog! Here's how to enter:
and like their page some time today before
midnight eastern time.
One lucky winner will be chosen at random by Rusted Pearl,
and notified here as well as on Facebook!
2. ~A LITTLE ROMANCE QUIZ~
How well do you know your romance books and movies? The answers are below the questions, in white type. Just highlight the answers to see them. Leave your scores in the comments so we can see who worked it!!
1. I name the character, you name the YA novel (Must get all five for a point!):
C. Kaidan Rowe
A. “Beautiful Disaster” by Jamie McGuire
B. “Easy” by Tammara Webber
C. “Sweet Evil” by Wendy Higgins
D. “Losing It” by Cora Carmack
E. “Divergent” by Veronica Roth
2. Why does Stephenie Meyer spell her name with an “e” instead of a typical “a”?
Answer: Because her dad’s name is Stephen, with an “e”.
3. In the movie “The Notebook” Noah (Ryan Gosling) tells Allie (Rachel McAdams) that although he's just a common man, he's succeeded in life “as gloriously as anyone who's ever lived.” What reason does he give for this?
A. “I saw the look in your eyes on the day you learned to truly love.”
B. “I met you. And for a brief moment, you were mine.”
C. “I felt your heart beating against mine.”
D. “I've loved another with all my heart and soul.”
4. What is the REAL name of the main heroine in the “Mortal Instruments” series? (“City of Bones”)
A. Maia Fray
B. Clary Fray
C. Clarissa Morgenstern
D. Isabelle Wayland
Answer: “C” Clary was born to Valentine Morgenstern and Jocelyn Fairchild-Morgenstern. She was named Clarissa Adele Morgenstern according to her mother's wishes.
5. In the movie “Burlesque”, who are the two leading actresses?
A. Barbara Streisand and Christina Aguilera
B. Cher and Christina Aguilera
C. Britney Spears and Celine Dion
D. Lindsay Lohan and Jamie Lee Curtis
6. What YA novel is this line taken from: “You know what they say about boys next door...”
Answer: “Obsidian” by Jennifer L. Armentrout
7. In the movie “Made of Honor” with Patrick Dempsey (Tom) and Michelle Monaghan (Hannah), where is Hannah’s fiancé from?
8. In reference to the YA novel, “Slammed” by Colleen Hoover, what is a slam?
Answer: A competition at which poets read or recite original work.
9. What do the movies “Enchanted” and “Leap Year” have in common?
Answer: Amy Adams
10. What series is headed for the New York Times bestseller list (You better get this one right!)
Answer: “Reflection” series by Jessica Roberts
How'd you do?
Did you get all ten?
Write your score in the comments below!
3. Virtual Music!
Okay, so I lied in my video above. She's not singing "Fallin' For You" because that's a song from Reflection, Book 1. So here's my daughter's tribute to Reaction, Book 2, since that is what we're celebrating today! Good song for the playlist, but too popular to be included. Scroll down for Reaction's playlist.
Love this girl!!!
1. Be OK by Ingrid Michaelson (Heather’s post-coma and college life)
2. Falling Slowly by Glen Hansard & Marketa Irglova (The banquet dance)
3. The Perfect Day by Bess Rogers (Four-wheeling date)
4. And Then You by Greg Laswell (Heather meets her father)
5. Gravity by Sara Bareilles (Heather finds out about engagement party)
6. I’d Rather Be With You by Joshua Radin (Liz’s song to Creed)
7. A Thousand Perfect Things - Original song coming soon! Stay tuned!!
(Nick’s guitar song to Heather)
Join me on twitter tonight from 7-8pm Eastern Time. Type both hashtags #Reflection and #Reaction in the search box to go directly to the thread.
Press HERE to be linked to my twitter page.
I'm excited to be joined tonight by some of my favorite author friends! Feel free to ask questions, make comments, and have some tweet fun! Chat with ya soon!
*Remember to refresh your page every few minutes to get the latest comment.
5. Love to cook? Here's the recipe for the SCRUMPTIOUS soup referenced in the epilogue of Reaction:
Chicken Tortilla Soup
2 boneless skinless chicken breast (cubed and cooked)
8 cups chicken broth
1 cup carrot, diced very thin
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, chopped
1 tablespoon garlic clove, minced
1 cup chopped tomato
1 cup coconut milk
1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (I never put this in mine. I don't do spicy!)
1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
2 cups fried corn tortillas, cut into strips (Or just crush up some tortilla chips like I do.)
2 limes, cut into wedges
1. In a large pot, combine the chicken, broth and carrots. Season with allspice, thyme, cinnamon, ginger and garlic. Bring to a boil, then simmer over medium heat for about 10 minutes, or until carrots are tender. Pour in the tomato, coconut milk and hot pepper sauce. Heat through, but do not boil.
2. Ladle into bowls, and top with shredded mozzarella cheese and tortilla strips. Squeeze juice onto soup from lime wedges.
6. Don't forget to enter the rafflecopter below to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card (score!!!) or one of five copies of Reflection, Book 1.a Rafflecopter giveaway
Thank you for partying with me!
It's been a blast!
A big thanks to the gals at Rusted Pearl
and Nereyda at Mostly YA Book Obsessed for their awesomeness!
Now go read a book!