Saturday, November 18, 2017

Wanna Get High With Me?

No, I don’t do drugs. I’ve never even tried marijuana, ever. I’m talking about this new fitness workout called HIGH FITNESS, and it’s KILLER! It’s sort of like old school aerobics but with plyo moves like burpees, jump tucks, and squat jumps, as well as some hip-hop moves, all to way fun pop songs. Trust me, it’s a blast!

A friend took my daughter and me to a HIGH class that Emily (the founder of HIGH FITNESS) taught. Oh my word--she kicked my butt! I had to leave class three different times . . . to get a drink . . . because my throat was dry. No seriously, because I thought I was going to DIE and so I had to take a ton of breaks! But don’t tell anyone that.

Here’s an after pic:
friend, me, Emily aka crazy-Nazi-instructor-lady, daughter 
The beginning of this month I had the chance to go to NYC and see a few Broadway shows. My younger brother had an airline companion ticket and took me for my birthday. #coolestlittlebrotheraward
 
Then, on the airplane I got bumped to first class (love it when that happens), but I gave the upgrade to my tall, 6’3 brother. I know, #coolestbigsisteraward.

Here are my reviews of the shows we saw:


ANASTASIA: A
(Loved it! The stage set was unbelievable!)

WILLIE WONKA: A-
(The minus is because they didn’t include the “fizzy lifting drink” scene, the lick-able wall-paper, or the final culminating scene when Charlie gives back the everlasting gobstopper and Mr. Wonka whispers, “So shines a good deed in a weary world.” On the other hand, they did away with the “Cheer Up Charlie” song which should be worth something. Overall, completely entertaining!)
DEAR EVAN HANSEN: I can’t even…
I don’t even know what to give this show. Ben Platt gave the most amazing, raw, real performance I’ve ever seen in my life. Too real. There is no way someone can give a performance like that every day for a year and it not affect them. I wanted to reach out to him and tell him to stop doing the show. He’s going to be a psychological mess, if he isn’t already.

After the show, I seriously had to remind myself that there are normal people out there and not everyone is all screwed up. Cuz life is awesome, even when it’s not, because if it’s not today, it will be tomorrow, or at some point, if you choose to make it awesome.

Anyway, here’s to all the normal people out there. Stay awesome!

Book Update: Gearing up for the launch of Reflection in paperback -- YAYY!!!! -- set for

MARCH 20, 2018!


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reviews of the Broadway shows! SO LOOKING FORWARD TO READING REFLECTION AGAIN HOLDING THE ACTUAL BOOK IN MY HAND!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete